Hampshire Fare has been working with local farmers and producers across Hampshire for more than twenty years. Passionate about the benefits of buying locally we are committed to supporting and promoting the unique and talented local produce and craft communities.
Hampshire Fare aims to:
- Raise awareness among the public and trade of the wide range of Hampshire food, drink and craft
- Connect consumers with farming through local food and help secure the future of farming in Hampshire
- Encourage and support the development of sustainable food, drink and craft businesses that contribute to the rural economy in Hampshire
- Organise marketing activities – festivals, meet-the-buyer events, exhibitions and promotions – to promote Hampshire produce
- Support the marketing and PR activities of Hampshire Fare members
- Bring local producers, retailers, hospitality venues and public sector organisations together to encourage the use of local produce
- Attend local and national events to promote Hampshire produce to consumers
They work with over 300 members who are dedicated to producing, selling or serving local produce. Members include wine makers, pig farmers, brewers, leading hotels and independent retailers.
They organise the Hampshire Food Festival, celebrating 15 years this year, to showcase local food and farming. This award-winning festival takes place throughout July and involves more than 80 events which attracted 185,000 visitors in 2014.
Hampshire Fare is a not-for-profit community interest organisation and their work is only made possible by the ongoing support of corporate partners and corporate friends.