Chris Bailey – Rathfinny Tasting Room
Rathfinny Tasting Room
Overlooking the spectacular Rathfinny Wine EstateThe Tasting Room is situated within the Sussex Heritage Award-winning Winery, with panoramic views of the Vineyard and the beautiful South Downs. Led by chef Chris Bailey, the Tasting Room restaurant offers dining from a menu of seasonal, modern British cuisine that changes on a regular basis.
Rathfinny Tasting Room
Overlooking the spectacular Rathfinny Wine EstateThe Tasting Room is situated within the Sussex Heritage Award-winning Winery, with panoramic views of the Vineyard and the beautiful South Downs. Led by chef Chris Bailey, the Tasting Room restaurant offers dining from a menu of seasonal, modern British cuisine that changes on a regular basis.http://www.rathfinnyestate.com
125g Caster Sugar
50g Cherry Blossom
3 large Gelatine Leaves
750mls Double Cream
8 large Eggs
60g Soft Brown Sugar
60g Sussex Honey
360g Self Raising Flour
20g Baking Powder
KIRSCH MARINATED CHERRIES
100g Griotine Cherries
1 large Gelatine Leave
Red Butterfly Sorrel
For the Panna Cotta:
- Bring the sugar and water up to the boil for one minute, cool to 81C and pour over the cherry blossom in a bowl and cover with cling film.
- Leave this to infuse over night before passing off through a muslin cloth or fine sieve.
- Soften the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes and then melt in the milk by warming gently.
- Add the cream and cherry blossom syrup to the pan and mix over the heat for one minute.
- Pour into individual ramekins set on a tray to chill overnight covered.
For the Madeleines:
- Make the madeleine mix by whisking the eggs and sugar till doubled in volume.
- Melt the butter till soft and add the honey. Chill until cool.
- Add the chilled butter mix then sift the flour, salt and baking powder and fold in by hand.
- Spoon into a piping bag.
- Pipe into greased and floured madeleine moulds.
- Bake the madeleines in a greased madeleine tray at 180c for 6 minutes for small cakes or 10 minutes for large
For the Cherries
- Halve the griotine cherries, reserving the liquor.
- Soften the gelatine in cold water and then warm with a little of the kirsch and then mix with the remaining kirsch.
- Mix into the cherry liquor and allow to cool but not set.
- Pour the kirsch jelly over the set panna cotta and leave to set for at least an hour.
Place the panna cotta ramekin in the centre of each plate. Place the madeleines on the side of the serving plate.Place the madeleines on the side and yop the panna cotta with the reserved cherry halves, roasted hazelnut halves and red sorrel leaves.